2011年11月28日星期一

Wings Over Atreia: Attitude of gratitude

For Solorius, I expounded on my wish list for Aion, detailing things I wanted to see in game. Now, however, 'tis the season to express thankfulness for that which we have. While contemplating the many things I am grateful for in my life, I also considered the things that I am grateful for in the world of Atreia. Sure, things are not perfect (what world, real or pixelated, is?), and there are problems, bugs, and things I still hope are changed or added, but that does not diminish the fact that Aion still offers many things to gamers in general -- and me in particular.

Originally slated to release during the holiday, this topic was preempted by last week's announcement. No matter -- I certainly don't mind stretching out the season of gratitude. So while it might be more trendy to troll and spread hate, I dedicate this week's Wings Over Atreia to just saying thanks.

Don't believe there are things to be thankful for? Step past the cut (or roll, if you enjoyed as much turkey as I did) to check out my reasons and a chance to express your own.

Some people may quirk their brows at the thought that you can be thankful for anything in a video game, much less an MMO. Sure, you can play and enjoy them, but be thankful for them? Why not? An attitude of gratitude is a positive thing no matter what it is applied to, and the more it's applied to, the better.

First and foremost, I am extremely grateful for friends I have made; because of Aion, I have a larger group of people whom I can enjoy game time with, whether in Atreia or elsewhere. Not all of my friends may stay active in Aion, but there are many in the group I would happily check out other titles with just to continue to hang out.

Not only did I meet some incredible people whom I love grouping and hunting with, but I was also lucky enough to come away with a few people who are well beyond in-game friends and are a very important part of my life. I had the chance to meet up with three at Dragon*Con; unfortunately, I have to hop on over to Australia to hang with another.

Along those lines, I am also grateful for the RL friends, including my kids, who joined me in Atreia. There is nothing like sharing experiences with those who really know you and don't get offended when you tease them relentlessly for their incredibly funny goof-up in the middle of that intense dungeon! Friends don't let friends play Aion alone.

没有评论:

发表评论